1. The Dubuque Fighting Saints take on the Madison Capitols for the first time this season. The Saints sit in eighth place in the Eastern Conference, while the Capitols are in fifth. Both teams will look to climb in the standings with tonight's game.
2. Scoring early will be important to the Saints, because the Capitols have scored 21 goals in the third period, which is second most in the league. If the Saints can score early and stave off the third-period push, they will be in good shape.
3. The players to watch for the Fighting Saints are Alex Steeves and Adam Tisdale. Steeves is the Saints' scoring leadr with 12 points, and a seven-game point streak with 4 goals and 7 assists. Tisdale emerged last season with his first USHL goal, and hat trick.
4. The player to watch for the Capitols is Ryan O'Reilly. O'Reilly is the leading goal scorer for the Caps with 8 goals. His 8 goals lead all rookies on the season as well. O'Reilly's 8 goals have come with the best shooting percentage (44%).
5. Penalty killing will be of paramount importance if the Saints want to come away with the victory tonight. The Saints have the worst penalty killing percentage in the league (72.4%). The Capitols, on the other hand, have one of the best penalty killing units in the league, and they will need to be sharp against the Saints' power play, which ranks third-best in the league.