1. The Dubuque Fighting Saints are on a three-game winning streak, and have scored at least five goals in each one of those games. The Steel have lost two straight after winning six in a row. Momentum will be with the Saints after their recent success, after a poor start to the season that included the Saints losing two games to the Steel.
2. This matchup pits one of the top offensive teams in the league (Chicago) against one of the top defensive teams in the league (Dubuque). The Steel have averaged 4.5 goals per game, second in the league. The Saints have only allowed 2.63 goals per game, which is third-best in the league.
3. To win this game, the Saints will need to slow down some of the league's top scorers; Jack Dugan, Blake McLaughlin, and Graham Lillibridge. Dugan is the top scorer in the league with 16 points, and also has the league lead in goals with nine. McLaughlin is second in league scoring with 14 points, and is tied with Lillibridge for the league lead in assists with 10.
4. #SolowStreak was all the rage last year, but this year, welcome to #SteeverStreak. Alex Steeves is on a five-game point streak with three goals and six assists in that span. This puts Steeves in a nine-way tie for ninth in league scoring.
5. The Fighting Saints' hot penalty killing unit will go up agains the top power play unit in the league. The Steel have converted on 35.9% of their chances. The Saints, meanwhile, have killed off 12 consecutive penalties.