1. The Flying Aces have struggled to garner points since the new year started, going just 1-11-1 for a paltry 3 points in 2018. They have also gone 1-8-2 on the road for their last 11 road games. This is clearly a team that has struggled to do much since early in the season.
2. On the other hand, Dubuque has been a polarizing team in the new year, as they have gone 5-6-3 during 2018. Even though they have picked up 13 points so far and sit in third place in the Eastern Conference, they have left points on the board as evidenced by the three OT losses; including two of the past three games.
3. To get some wins and points, the Saints need to be better on the power play. Over their last five games the Saints have gone 0/11 on the power play, resulting in a 1-2-2 record.
4. Heating up for the Saints is Finnish prospect Matias Maccelli. Maccelli has 2 goals and 4 assists over his past six games. This accounts for all of Maccelli’s points in the USHL after not scoring in his first 8 games for the Saints.
5. Heating up for the Flying Aces are forwards Jeremy Davidson and Drew Elser. Davidson has scored 2 goals and an assist over the last five games. This accounts for 3 of his 11 points on the season and half his goals. Elser has 2 goals and 3 assists over the past six games for the Flying Aces. This accounts for almost a third of Elser's 16 points on the season.