1. For the first time since facing off in the USHL Fall Classic, the Fighting Saints will take on the Youngstown Phantoms. The Saints and Phantoms sit deadlocked at 30 points, good enough for a tie for second place in the East. The Saints have the tiebreaker currently.
2. The key ot winning this game will be getting off to a hot start. The Saints are tied for the most goals in the first period this season, and also have a 7-0-1 record when leading after the second period. On the contrary, the Phantoms have scored the fifth-most goals in the third period, and are also tied for the most wins when trailing after two periods.
3. The Phantoms not only have the best road record in the Eastern Conference, but they have the only winning road record in the Eastern Conference. Also stellar on the road for the Phantoms is their power play, which at 18.2%, is good for fourth in the league.
4. Hot off performances for Team East at the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game is Saints forward Alex Steeves and Youngstown goaltender Ivan Prosvetov. Steeves notched an assist on a Tyler Madden goal and fired a shot on goal, and ended the game as a plus-1. Prosvetov, on the other hand, became just the ninth goaltender to shut out the opposition. He stopped all 11 shots fired his way.
5. The players to watch tonight are Saints forward Quinn Preston and Phantoms forward Chase Gresock. Preston picked up a goal and four assists against the Muskegon Lumberjacks last weekend to raise his point total to 21 points. Gresock, against the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, scored a hat trick in one game, and four games overall in the two-game set.