1. The Fighting Saints will start a four-game homestand against the Sioux City Musketeers tonight, while the Muskies will be starting a four-game road trip. This will be the first meeting between these two teams this season. The Saints are 6-5-3, while the Musketeers are 4-7-3.
2. Sioux City is one of the most penalized teams in the USHL, averaging 17.64 penalty minutes per game. Their biggest offender is rookie forward Martin Pospisil, who is second in the league in penalty minutes, and leads the league with three major penalties.
3. This matchup will pit one of the best power play units in the league in the Fighting Saints, versus one of the worst with the Musketeers. The Saints are fifth in the league with a 21.2% success rate, while the Musketeers are second-worst with a 76.0% success rate on the kill.
4. The Fighting Saints' defense, coming off of a game in which they allowed just one goal and 15 shots last night, will be happy to learn that the Musketeers have the least proficient offense in the league at a 1.93 goals per game average.
5. Taylor Schneider is the player to watch for the Fighting Saints, and Sampo Ranta for the Sioux City Musketeers. Schneider scored his first goal of the season and added an assist in a breakout game. Ranta is the leading scorer for the Musketeers with nine points.